5 Fun Facts about Norfolk-Virginia Beach
- Norfolk is nicknamed "Tree City" because of its abundunce of trees and flowers.
- Strategic Games is Venture Up's most popular team building activity in Norfolk, but Game On is number one for Virginia Beach.
- About 10 years ago the city placed life-size and larger mermaids throughout the town and inspired artists to decorate them. Some are still around if you look hard enough.
- Naval Station Norfolk is the largest naval station in the world and offers public tours of its aircraft and ships.
- The Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway begins in Norfolk.