5 Fun Facts about Midland-Odessa
- Midland is the birthplace of former First Lady Barbara Bush.
- During WW II, Midland was the nation's largest training base for bombardiers
- Strategic Games is Venture Up's most popular team building program for Midland and Odessa.
- The Texas and Pacific railroads helped establish Odessa in 1881, marking the halfway point between Dallas and El Paso.
- The Star of David and the peace symbol are forbidden by the city's dress code because they are considered Satanic symbols.